Stacey Surveys Ltd


We are a local EPC certificate provider from the Rhondda

Competitively priced EPC certificates with No VAT or other hidden charges!


Phone:  01443 442840 to arrange a survey

An EPC certificate is required to sell or rent a property. With us being a family run Company from Trealaw, Rhondda, we can provide a price with no Misleading 'From' Price, and No Hidden Charges.

All our EPC reports are fully compliant and can be used by any Estate agent or Solicitor to rent or sell your property. We have now supplied EPC certificates to Estate agents and Solicitors in the Rhondda area for over 10 years.


Any work that we receive in the Rhondda area is greatly appreciated.


To produce an EPC report for your property, an assessment will need to be carried out. The survey would take on average 45 minutes.  This would involve  taking notes relating to the construction and energy related facets of the property.  Where possible, we will also view any loft spaces as well as creating a brief floor plan of the property. Click here to learn more about whats involved.

Digital photographs will be taken of specific parts of the property which relate to energy efficiency, this is for  audit purposes  Please note that this is purely a ’visual’ assessment and no energy related items, such as the heating system or lighting, are tested.  

The data collected is then input into the government approved software back at our office and your EPC is created, and lodged on the Landmark Registry system, via an accreditation body, within 24 hours of the property assessment.  Your EPC is then emailed to you as a PDF document which can be viewed, saved, printed, or forwarded to your Sales or Letting Agent in the Rhondda.

  • Where a dwelling is being let an Energy Performance Certificate EPC will be required.

  • When a dwelling is being is being sold an Energy Performance Certificate EPC will be required.

There is a penalty charge of £200 per dwelling for failing to provide an EPC. In addition, an EPC for the property will still have to be provided by the landlord/seller to the new tenant/ buyer.

  • Individual house/dwelling which is self contained with its own kitchen/bathroom facilities.

  • Self contained flats, with each flat behind its own front door with its own kitchen/bathroom facilities.

  • Shared flats/dwelling where the whole flat or house is being let to students/young professionals etc on a single tenancy agreement.

  • Mixed self contained and non self contained accommodation - one EPC for each self contained flat would be required.

  • A room in a hall of residence or hostel.

  • Bedsits or room lets where there is a shared kitchen, toilet and/or bathroom.

How do I check the EPC to see if it needs updating?

This link check if an EPC is valid will explain the process of this.

Do I have to have an EPC?

An EPC is required in the following situations per dwelling/flat:

An EPC would not be required in the following situations:

From the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have an energy performance rating of E or above on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).

Rent Smart Wales RSW Energy Efficiency Regulations

The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. Any property that is rented out which breeches the requirement for a minimum E rating will be unlawful, and could face a civil penalty of up to £5,000, unless there is an applicable exemption.